I pray you are having a blessed week! One way to curve your desires to spend on new items is by investing in quality, classic, and timeless pieces. For example, I purchased this jacket about 8 years ago and a sleek moto with minimal hardware never goes out of style. It has so much versatility from day to night and season to season. ..since the jacket has a bit of edginess I wanted to keep my other items soft and feminine.
Thank you for reading and have a blessed week!
Happy Monday! A couple of weeks ago we experienced snow for a few hours then it melted very quickly:) Another event in life we can't control at all. There are things in life we have no control over so knowing how to identify those things and how to release control over those things is important to getting through life.
When you release those things that you have no control over and give to God it decreases your stress. There are so many circumstances that are bigger than you and I. Therefore, the only solution is to entrust those things with a higher power. In the process, it gives you time to work on the things that you can control like your thought life, your attitude, and your habits. This is why self-development is key to living your best life. When you self develop everyday it makes you more aware of you and your power. It also brings awareness to the things you are powerless to do.
The hardest part of not having control is timing. When you give control to a higher power then things no longer happen according to your timing. It will happen according to God's timing. This is where faith comes in. Things will always change but faith must remain the same. Regardless of timing with faith you can endure all things and circumstances with love, peace, and joy.
As always, thank you for reading and I pray you have a wonderful new week
Ann Taylor drap blouse.........similar here
Antonio Melani a line skirt......similar here
Calvin Klein slouch boots.........similar Here
Furla Metropolis satchel..........here
Happy Friday! I hope you are having a great week! Almost 17 years ago I purchased my home with a focused mindset. Oprah once said in an interview "the best part of being wealthy is owning real estate!" That statement changed my life and the way I viewed ownership. I analyzed that statement and she didn't say paying on real estate she said owning real estate.
Most times the lender will convince borrowers that they need to own things like vehicles. For example, when a person gets a loan for a vehicle they will pay on that loan for 3 to 5 years then they own it. However, when a person borrows money to purchase a home that lender extends the loan for 30 years. What's the difference in the two loans? Well, a vehicle is a liability to the lender because vehicles depreciate so quickly; therefore, they do not want it on their books for a long time. That's why the payoff time is so much shorter than a home. A home is asset which means it increases in most cases in value. Therefore, the lender prefers to have this type of asset on their books verses the borrower's books for as long as possible. When you add 30 years to your age that you committed to paying a home loan that equates to most of someone's entire life. Especially, if you purchase the home in your later years.
My question to my clients is why not view your home just like the lender views it. As an asset, therefore pay it off as quick as possible or buy it with cash if you can afford to. Either way,you are positioning yourself to obtain true ownership, increase your net worth, and build financial freedom. I'm so grateful I understood what Oprah was saying so many years ago about owning real estate. It's a powerful tool when you become an owner of your assets!
As always, thank you for reading and have a blessed weekend
Antonio Melanie blazer......similar here
Hudson high rise crop flare.......here
Sam Edelman pumps.............here
Happy Wednesday! My daily disciplines are the things that I do daily to make sure I'm living out my day in accordance to my purpose in life. These things keep me grounded and focused on what's truly important, especially while living in a world full of distractions. Therefore I want to mention a few disciplines that I've committed to living out over the years. Honestly I try to do these things at my strongest hour which is in the morning times and it gets my day off to a fresh start. These things don't take long it's just about creating daily habits that create good results for your life.
1. Pray! Prayer connects us to God. It can be quite difficult to pray in the beginning. However, I found out like anything else in life if you continue practicing you will get better.
2. Exercise! Of course, we all want to look good on the outside but exercising definitely keeps things working on the inside. I just believe our bodies were not built to be idle. We're supposed to move and use our body. My exercise routine gives me the energy needed to face any day.
3. Reading! When I finished college I vowed to never read again:) The trade off was lack of growth in my life. Therefore, now that I read as part of my daily disciplines I'm able to self develop and grow each day.
4. Building my faith! There are two teams in life. Team Faith or team fear. I choose to live in faith because fear can be paralyzing and disconnect you from a higher power in your life. Therefore, I knew a part of my daily disciplines had to be things that would build my faith! Remember things will always change but your faith must always remain the same.
As always, thank you for stopping by and I pray you have a wonderful rest of the week!
BCBG Maxazria ruffle dress......similar here
Happy Monday! There are so many distractions in the world today; therefore, the choice to simplify your life will help you to succeed in the areas you desire to grow in. Some of these things I've already covered in the first couple of weeks of January; however, I just wanted to reinforce how simplifying can get your year off to a fast and fresh start!
1. Journal it all out! As mentioned in this post on Journaling Through it allows you to let all the things that are cluttering your thought life out. Therefore allowing a clear vision and inspiration space to come in.
2. Have a clean and uncluttered space! As mentioned before,something as small as making your bed can have a huge impact on your day. Once you wake up and make up your bed you've accomplished the first task of your day. Yaay! Now, a task this small will give you the confidence and confirmation that you're able to complete bigger tasks throughout the day. I just believe how you do some things is how you do everything!
3. Minimize your choices ! When you organize your closet and become intentional about the items you place in your closet it will help to reduce the time it takes to get dress. Basically it takes the thought process out and give you more time to focus on important things like your goals and dreams.
4. Just focus! When it comes to accomplishing your goals and dreams you have to focus. When you have too many things to focus on sometimes that paralyzes you and you're not able to get anything done. Therefore taking one goal at a time and accomplishing that goal builds momentum and the confidence needed to continue accomplishing the next goal.
5. Define yourself by your own truths of who you are and the amazing person that God created you to be! It's too much complication to live by your truths and the truths of others. Not to mention a huge distraction!! When you've already defined who you are and where you're going in life you never have to worry about proving that to anyone. You can live your life out fully and according to God's purpose for your life.
As always, thank you for reading and I pray that you have a blessed new week!
Vince Camuto off shoulder dress.....here
Brown suede jacket.......similar here
Sam Edelman pumps....similar Here
I hope you are having a great week! This is a great time of the year to develop a personal as well as financial growth plan. Everything starts inside and grows to the outside. For example, most people spend more than when they are feeling less than in the inside. As for today, I just want to talk about what a financial growth plan looks like.
It starts with being able to completely pay your financial obligations in full each month. If you don't have any extra then that's an indication of either overspending or a need for additional income. Sometimes it means both! Either way the process of meeting your current financial obligations will always direct your next step in financial growth.
Every growth plan needs an emergency account. It's inevitable that emergencies will arise unexpectedly; however, being prepared for those emergencies will reduce a lot of stress. Most importantly it will prevent you from getting into any sort of debt crisis.
Next, is having a short-term savings account. This account is to meet any short-term needs you may have such as vacations, new home, new vehicles, etc. This account provides a buffer between your other savings accounts.
Last, is having a long-term savings account such as a retirement account. If you work hard then this is your play hard account:) The exchange for working and receiving money is you are trading your valuable time. Therefore, why not get some of that time back in your later years. The only way to get that time back is by having enough money saved so you are financially free and do not have to not work at all.
Let's say all of these accounts are fully funded and you still have extra then you can stock pile the extra into a separate account. This money could be used towards investing in real estate, stock or even a business.
As always thank you for reading and I hope you have a blessed rest of the week
Antonio Melani blazer........similar here
Antonio Melani floral dress....similar here
Jimmy Choo ankle strap heels....similar here
Happy Wednesday! I hope your third week of 2018 is off to a fast start ! If not stay encouraged and keep going because every new day is an opportunity to go after your goals and dreams. A positive attitude has a lot to do with how you get through life. The greatest success book written ever says "all things work together for good for those that love God." Therefore, regardless of circumstances you should always see a positive outcome . I feel being positive is a choice that anyone can receive if you choose to believe.
One practical way of being positive is to smile as much as possible. For some reason smiling is contagious, so waking up smiling is a great way to start each new day.
Next, building your faith daily is so important to maintaining a positive life and attitude. Remember events will always occur; however, you have an opportunity to respond in faith or fear. When you respond in faith you have a positive outlook and confirmation on what the outcome will be. Fears will zap your positive energy and replace it was undeserving negative emotions. Therefore, it's so hard to remain positive when there is a lack of faith.
I also believe the environment you are in has a lot to do with your attitude as well. If possible remove yourself immediately from any toxic environments. However, if that's not an option then you always have a choice to change the temperature of any environment from negative to positive. Wherever positive energy flows negative energy has no room to grow.
Last, but not least have any attitude of the up most gratitude. Remember the most important thing in life is where you are currently. If you were supposed to be anywhere else in life then you would already be there. Therefore, be grateful in this moment and it instantly brings joyful blessings.
As always, thank you so much for reading and have a blessed rest of the week!
Tweed jacket..........similar here
Skinny Tuxedo stripe pants........similar here
Suede ankle boots........................similar here
Happy Monday! I hope you had a beautiful weekend! I started the month with a blog post on see and seize! When thoughts are not cluttered it puts you in position to see your vision and ultimately seize that vision. This is why managing distractions is very important because it keeps you on track to achieving those goals and dreams. However, preparation is the key to balancing it all. I just believe we should live for today but also plan as if God will wake us up tomorrow. Therefore, when you prepare you are living out each new day in a joyful way while positioning yourself for what tomorrow may bring.
Now I mentioned a couple of weeks to journal daily because it connects you to your thoughts. Once you have connected and know what you truly need to do then write it down. This is called preparation! When preparing to start a new week or new journey preparation leads to accountability. Basically, once you write it on paper you have to hold yourself accountable for what is written.
I found listing the most important things first is helpful. For example, any great leader has a daily to do list. However, it's listed in order of importance. Most times people do things on their list but the stress comes when the most important things have not been completed. Therefore do what matters first.
Last, set a time to prepare and make that list. Time is one of our greatest gifts when it used to live out our purpose in life. Remember there is so much that can and will happen in each new day. Therefore, without preparation you will keep finding yourself trying to get ready instead of being ready for whatever the day brings.
As always thank you for reading and have a blessed new week!
Happy Friday! I hope you are having a great week. As I mentioned on Tuesday we live in a fast pace world. However having consistent systems in place like the ABC's of Saving will allow you to weather any season of financial change. However, when it relates to being productive in other areas of your life it also requires proven systems and mental toughness. If you have the greatest system and no mental toughness that leads to disaster. Mental toughness is that inner strength needed to overcome obstacles so you can achieve your goals and dreams. A few ways to build up that mental toughness:
Control what you feed yourself: If you are putting positive motivating things inside of you then that is what tends to surround you. Therefore, carefully selecting what you listen or read is so important to building up that toughness.
Place yourself in growing environments: There is nothing more motivating then being in an environment with positive and electrifying energy where people are winning and pushing to the next level. That energy becomes contagious because visually you see evidence of others getting the job done! Basically it eliminates all excuses.
Get out of your comfort zone: When you start doing uncomfortable things you really start to see that you are stronger than you thought. When you are uncomfortable things become challenging and forces you to get better and to grow at a higher level.
Last, have a vision of when it's finished: It requires mental toughness to see the joy that's on the other side of a problem and realize it's only temporary. Therefore, getting through present day issues becomes achievable when you have a vision of what the end looks like.
As always thank you for reading and have a blessed weekend!
Black blazer..........similar here
one shoulder top.......similar here
Versace sunglasses......similar Here
Ann Taylor pencil skirt.....similar here
Coach whiplash tote..........similar here
Sam Edelman black pumps.....here
Happy Tuesday! In our fast pace world things are constantly changing. However, I feel regardless of those changes the money rules will always remain the same. In my opinion the ABC rule is a bullet proof way to saving money regardless of changes. I guess you can say it is an all weather rule:)
A.......Always pay yourself first. Basically the first category on your expenses should be you. When you work you are trading valuable time for money. Therefore, a consistent pattern of paying yourself first makes it all worth it. You become better prepared for any financial emergencies and you are securing your financial future.
B........Be intentional with your spending choices. The only way to become more conscious of your spending is to track it. This will allow you to analyze your spending to make sure it matches what you truly value in life. Therefore it puts you in position to control the flow and energy of your money.
C.......Commit to a financial vision for your life. When you have a financial vision it gives everything you do in relation to your finances purpose. ...and where purpose lies the passion to see it through never dies.
As always thank you for reading and have a blessed day!
Ralph Lauren velvet blazer......similar here
Lauren Conrad skinny jeans...... sold here
beaded top.............................similar here
Suede pumps.....................similar here
Versace sunglasses..........similar here
Guess logo belt................similar here
Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend! Wow! Week 2 of 2018! Regardless of how your past week went stay encouraged to keep moving forward. Never let small thinking stop you from reaching your full potential in life. A few tips for growing your thoughts from small to big:
1. Cast a vision! Only you can see the vision God has placed inside of you. However, in week 2 of 2018 that vision can get lost inside of you due to distractions. Therefore write it down and attach pictures to it. Review it everyday and often as needed. Therefore you not only see it but inside you keep believing it.
2. Speak it out! If you can't speak it then you probably don't believe it. Our words have power! Therefore why not speak out positive, motivating, passionate and compelling words. These words should not be about where you currently are but instead spoken words of where you know you are destined to go.
3. Seize it! This requires seeing it through until the vision is complete. It requires taking small steps, facing adversity, and still moving forward. It requires no longer submitting to small thinking but living your thoughts and actions out in an enormous and faithful way.
As always, thank you reading and have a blessed week 2 of 2018!
BCBG Maxazria fringe top........... similar here
Versace sunglasses. ....................similar here
Banana Republic shirt................here
Target high waisted jeggings. ......similar here
Tom Ford python heels................similar here
Happy Thursday! Hope you are having a beautiful week! There is so much in the world today that keeps us connected to people and their lives. Those things are most often amazing unless they start to cause feelings of comparison. The reason it is said that comparison is the "thief of joy" is because it will often cause the "lack of" emotions. For example, when one is feeling less than they will spend more than normal. Therefore it's always a sense of urgency to overcome any feelings to compare so you can complete your own journey to success.
As mentioned on Tuesday's post journaling connects you to your thoughts. Therefore, when you journal your thoughts of gratitude it starts to build your thoughts up verses tear your thoughts down. An attitude of gratitude is amazing!!! Gratitude will position you to feel and live out the true happiness that is available for all of us now. Most importantly it overrides the need to compare.
Another tool to override those undeserving emotions is to have a clear path for your life. That's why decluttering your space is so important because it opens up that path to develop a clear vision. When your vision is clear there is no room for comparing just opportunity and space to define you by your own beliefs and your own truths.
Last remember we are all chosen to do and contribute something special to this life. Therefore removing that need to compare should be replace with inspiration to seek your purpose in life. Once there is inspiration then comes motivation to move into the amazing person God created you to be.
As always thank you for reading and have a blessed day!
Ralph Lauren double breasted blazer ....In navy here
classic turtleneck. .......here
Hudson high rise crop flare......here
Guess logo belt........similar here
Ralph Lauren satchel here
Versace butterfly sunglasses.....similar here
Happy Tuesday! I pray you are having a wonderful week! Words have become a huge part of my life as well as my transformation. In the biggest success book written ever there are words written on several pieces of paper. These words contain the amazing ability to manifest and create something eternally life changing.
That is how powerful journaling your thoughts can be. It is a time to truly get connected to your thoughts on a deeper level. As mentioned in my blog post yesterday there are so many things that can clutter our thought life. That is why journaling is such a beautiful way to declutter your thoughts and bring clarity and focus into your life.
I would like to close with a few tips to begin your journey into a journal life.
1. Start writing without any planning or thinking. Just write words on paper without worrying about any corrections and more words will start to flow.
2. Make it a daily habit. The only way I know how to create a habit is to have desire to create that habit and consistently do it until the habit develops.
3. Invest in a journal that inspires you to use it. For example if you like colorful things or inspirational words then find a journal with those details.
As always thank you for stopping by and have a blessed week!
Pinstripe blazer...similar here
mock neck top...similar here
Black striped pants....similar here
Silver strap sandals....similar here
Happy Monday and Happy 2018! This is the time of the year were most people set goals with the intention of achieving those goals. However, as the days go by life distractions can get in the way of this. You may even start to feel like you need a distraction to distract your distractions:) Seriously, the key is managing your distractions. Here are few quick tips that can help manage your distractions so you can go after those goals in a major way.
1. Keep your space clutter free! A cluttered space leads to a cluttered thought life which in turn leads to constant distractions. When I wake up to a clean space it helps me to focus. It also gives me a sense of feeling that nothing is standing in the way of me achieving my daily goals.
2. I maximize my free time. Now I am not a believer that every second needs to be filled with something to do. However, I do feel whatever you do should be in line with your goals and dreams. This will force you to maximize your time. For example when cooking I sometimes exercise by doing squats or push ups. This collapses time frame and allows me to stay on track by maximizing the time I have.
3. Last, I plan out my outfits for the next day. Now when I used to work a job I only did this to make sure I was not late to work. However, even though I do not work a job anymore I continue to do this because it creates one less distraction that I have to worry about. It also forces me to think about tomorrow and what I want to happen in that day so my outfits and my actions coordinates appropriately. I guess you can say I am seeing it therefore positioning myself to seize it.
As always thank you so much for reading and have a blessed week!